Fly fishers have long fought the effects of cold hands during the winter months of the year. The very nature of fly fishing necessitates constant contact with the fly line and this means hands are always wet. In the depths of winter, this combined with exposure to the elements, will often paralyse sensation and dexterity in your fingers and draw focus away from the anticipation of the take. Hands alternate between holding the fly rod and searching for heat in wading jacket pockets and this is not conducive to effective hook-ups. Designed to address this age old issue and set to task developing what we regard as the ultimate cold-weather fishing glove.
The new Tech Glove is 100% waterproof and totally submersible. This is a major advance in a specific fly fisher’s glove and made possible by incorporating patented OutDry® technology into the glove’s external shell. The inner palm area is made with synthetic material which is both extremely tactile for handling fly line and equally important, will not remove the fish’s protective mucus during handling as the fish is returned. Ergonomically, a durable stretch shell and warm fleece lining offer a moulded and uncompromising fit with excellent heat retention. Add to this an external cuff for valuable adjustable coverage at the wrist and the LOOP Technical glove incorporates the key elements of warmth and dexterity in a totally waterproof and windproof shell. We have absolute belief that the LOOP Tech Gloves are the cold-weather gloves to keep you concentrated on your effective water coverage during the gnarliest of days on the water. As you fish down your favourite salmon or steelhead run in brutal white-out conditions, we know you’ll agree!
- 100% Waterproof, Windproof and Submersible
- Durable Water Repellant treated outer shell for additional waterprotection
- Warm fleece lining allows for effective heat insulation on cold days
- Breathable membrane for effective moisture transfer from the skin
- Ergonomic and articulated fit provides excellent grip, dexterity and maximum finger sensitivity.
- Full synthetic palm allows for easy fly line management and fish handling.